On September 11, 2021, all Audax-organizing countries will be celebrating 100 years of Audax riding in the format that we know now. We had big plans for this particular weekend and have been discussing this with Audax Club Parisien since 2019. But the pandemic has hit us hard and we now have to adjust. As mentioned in the previous article, we will still not be able to do the usual mass Audax rides but we are slowly working towards that. Hopefully, this Centennial ride will be one step closer to the Audax format that we have come to love in the past few years.
Audax Club Parisien has issued a very special medal to celebrate this momentous event in our randonneuring history. Just like other Audax finisher medals, these medals are standard across the globe and are imported from France. This particular medal is exclusive to the Centennial BRM 200 ride. We didn't include this cost in the registration fee as we don't want to burden participants with this cost. Should you wish to reserve yours, please reserve them early on by paying during your registration. We only have a handful available in the Philippines and we couldn't say if Paris will send more medals to Southeast Asia. If the payment option in the registration still allows you to reserve a medal, that means it is still available and we can reserve one for you. Otherwise, we will put a warning message in the registration that all medals are already reserved.
1) Register (see Registration Options below)
2) Ride your chosen 200km brevet among the approved routes (see approved Routes below) from Sept 11-Oct 30
3) Submit your proof of ride by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or through sending a message to the Facebook page of Audax Randonneurs Philippines. Proof of ride can be a screenshot of Strava, Garmin, or any app showing Date of Ride, Distance, Route and Elapsed Time. For those who don't use cyclocomputers that connects to an online platform, your ride will still count! Send us a photo of your cyclocomputer showing the distance and time covered with a newspaper or mobile phone showing date and time. This is just to make sure you did the ride on the specified date. Deadline of submission of proof of ride is on October 31, 10AM.
4) Check tentative results to verify if your name is in the results. Tentative results will be updated every Thursday and Sunday evenings. For corrections, please let us know ASAP so we can revise accordingly.
5) You can check final results and download your personalized digital certificate for the Centennial BRM 200 from the results section of the audax.ph. This is updated every Thursday and Sunday evenings.
6) Neck gaiters, Centennial BRM 200 patch and other Audax items ordered (medals and the like) will be shipped to you no later than October 15.
Covid 19 Guidelines:
1) Check that the route you have chosen do allow cyclists to pass through. Rules can suddenly change based on the local communities so we will continue to update cyclists on certain routes in the Facebook group of Audax Randonneurs Philippines. We have identified local cyclists based on each specified route that can update us as we near September 11.
2) During the ride, follow safety protocols of the province and place you are conducting your ride. This may be (and not limited to): wearing masks, social distancing, quarantines, etc.
3) NO CROWDING. Vaccinated or not, we should not let our guards down. Avoid crowds, wear a mask especially if not riding, and sanitize. Practice common sense and just be a decent human being during these trying times.
Early Bird Registration until August 31, 2021 - Php 600
Regular Registration September 1-30 - Php 800
Now - August 31: Early Bird Registration
September 1-30: Regular Registration
September 11- October 30: Submission of Proof of Ride/Rides
September 12- October 30: Tentative Results are OUT in the results section of the audax.ph website; this will be updated accordingly every Sunday evening and Thursday evening as we receive more entries come in.
September 30: Deadline of Registration, Registration Transfer Requests and 50% Registration Refund Requests
October 31, 10AM: Deadline of proof of rides submission
November 3: Final Results and Personalized Digital Certificates are OUT in the results section of the audax.ph website
September 11-November 7: Dispatch of neck gaiters, Centennial medals, patches and other ordered Audax merchandise
Route Information (This will have to be done on any of the past Audax-approved routes for the Philippines; Please ignore cut-off times as we won't have brevet cards and checkpoints for the Centennial Ride. Use the cut-off times to gauge how you are doing in your ride.):
Audax Davao-ComVal: Cue Sheet
Audax Gensan-Panambalan (via Glan): Cue Sheet
Audax Subic-Bataan: Cue Sheet
Any 200km within the Audax Subic-Tarlac 600km route: Cue Sheet. This route includes our most attended route below:
What's included in your registration fee?
1) Accreditation of your ride with Audax Club Parisien (ride will count as an official audax ride and will reflect in your Audax Addicts List)
2) Audax PH Culture Red/Gray Neck Gaiter (for the first 500! Yellow/Blue for the next ones)
3) Personalized Centennial BRM 200 Digital Finisher Certificate
4) BRM 200 Centennial Patch
5) The joy and pain of long-distance cycling *wink*
1) Online Registration through the audax.ph website. You can pay by credit card (via PayPal), bank deposit (BPI 0420-0304-28 or Metrobank 007-32300964-0; Account Name: Carmela Patricia S. Pearson) or GCASH (09175279732). For those paying via PayPal, an automatic registration confirmation will be sent right after your payment (Please check your Spam folder just in case). For those paying by bank deposit or GCASH, please send payment confirmation to email@example.com or through the Facebook Page of Audax Randonneurs Philippines. A confirmation should be sent within 2 working days. If you don't receive any confirmation, please send us a follow-up message.
2) For those who prefer to submit a manually-filled registration form, you may Registration Form for Centennial Ride.pdf and pay by bank deposit (BPI 0420-0304-28 or Metrobank 007-32300964-0; Account Name: Carmela Patricia S. Pearson) or GCASH (09175279732). Email both your accomplished registration form and payment confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Facebook Page of Audax Randonneurs Philippines. A confirmation should be sent within 2 working days. If you don't receive any confirmation, please send us a follow-up message.
Registration Refund and Transfer Requests:
Transfer of registration and registration fee refunds will only be entertained until September 10, 5PM only. No registration refund after September 10, 5pm. Please see refund policies below:
100% registration fee refund for requests submitted on or before August 11, 2021
50% registration fee refund for requests submitted from August 12 - September 30, 2021 (to cover costs incurred at this point of the registration process)
100% Medal refund for riders who don't finish the ride will be entertained even beyond October 30. Those participants should inform us accordingly. Please email all related concerns to email@example.com.